Moving Back to Jamaica

A blog about my Move Back to Jamaica after 20+ years of living in the US. Most of the articles focus on the period from 2005-2009 when the transition was new, and at it's most challenging.

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Other Cool Topics

One of the restrictions related to blogging in Moving Back to Jamaica is a perception I have that the average visitor is not interested in every aspect of my life.

There are at least two dimensions that I have been interested in exploring, but don't quite fit the stated context. One has to do with my passion for triathlons, and the other is my interest in exploring spirituality.

I am thinking about starting a new blog to cover the latter topic, and somehow rolling triathlon related topics into this blog, somehow connecting them to Moving Back to Jamaica.

Stay tuned for further developments...

6 Comments:

At 5/30/2006 2:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please do start the blog on exploring spirituality. This is my major passion and I'm sure that some interesting musings will emerge.
jeanette

 
At 5/30/2006 5:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

my two dollars (couldnt find any cents to contribute):
if you're that interested in it then do it. However, do you think you'd have time to commit to possibly two more blogs on top of the two you are already maintaining?
Keeping in mind that each blog would have a more or less separate readership, would you have the time and dedication to sit and keep the blog mill rolling for so many ventures?
You might want to consider just separating your posts on this one blog by categories though I'm not sure that blogger supports the categories feature natively.

 
At 5/30/2006 6:24 PM, Blogger fwade said...

b.art,

You captured my concerns perfectly. I don't think that blogger allows that level of sophistication, but i'd be glad to know that it does. If I could consolidate ALL my blogs into one I would be a happy man.

The idea of keeping abreast of another separate blog is what has kept me thinking that 2 is more than enough.

Then again, maybe I just have too much time on my hands!

If anyone knows how to set up categories, do let me know!!!!

(thanks b.art -- it is great to be understood)

 
At 5/30/2006 6:25 PM, Blogger fwade said...

jeanette,

Thanks for the vote -- now to find the time and infrastructure.

 
At 5/30/2006 8:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I suppose if you link to them from your main blog and use them like subsections of the main blog it might work out... What say you, B.art

 
At 5/31/2006 10:43 AM, Blogger fwade said...

Hey, I found a way to create categories quite easily. I love this networked life that I lead, and I realize that I now take it so much for granted.

If anyone is interested, here is hte URL: http://netcf2.blogspot.com/2005/11/blogging-generate-categories-for-your.html

There is also a link below the list of categories -- some free advertising for the creator, I guess. A small price to pay.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home