Moving Back to Jamaica

A blog about my Move Back to Jamaica after 20+ years of living in the US. Most of the articles focus on the period from 2005-2009 when the transition was new, and at it's most challenging.

Monday, May 05, 2008

Busy Like an American


I have been feeling very busy nowadays, and quite cognizant of how important it was to appear to be busy when I lived in the U.S.

I remember using this fact as a form of greeting:

"Bob, how are you?"

"Keeping Busy!"

Even today my wife (who was raised in the U.S.) will ask me at the end of any given day whether "I got a lot done?"

I used to answer that in the affirmative when I was living abroad, but here in Jamaica we just kind of laugh together... who cares how much got done... really?

A better qeustion that fits our current circumstances might be "Had a joyful day?"

(Incidentally, I met a young woman yesterday whose first name is "HavaJoy.")

So, I have been keeping busy, without knowing what that means, and apparently getting a lot done as a result.

I am in the process of launching three different offerings to internet audiences, becoming a real internet marketer for the first time. It's a learning curve that is steep, but quite rewarding, as I sold some US$1000 worth in the month of April ... all online.

The next few months should be interesting, as I "keep busy" while undertaking these first-time efforts. Stay tuned.


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home