Moving Back to Jamaica

A blog about my Move Back to Jamaica after 20+ years of living in the US. Most of the articles focus on the period from 2005-2009 when the transition was new, and at it's most challenging.

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

MailPac -- Business Excellence

I'm not sure if I should be doing this, but here goes -- MailPac is excellent.

Who?

MailPac is a company that does one thing -- they transfer mail and packages from a virtual post office box in Florida to addresses in Jamaica.

I was referred to them by a friend who had used the service heavily, and had recommended them heartily. He made the whole business sound so easy, that I was secretly hoping that I could continue to get my mail in Jamaica without having to use a very expensive service such as DHL or FedEx.

One of the first things that they told me was they don't advertise. Instead, they rely on word of mouth advertising. I thought this was pretty remarkable. This is why I wonder if I should be even mentioning the company public. Shhhhhh.... don't tell them I told you they were this good.

So far, their execution has been flawless. Once they receive a package or piece of mail, they immediately send me an email to say that they will be sending someone to deliver it to my home. Often, that delivery takes place on the same day.

I've received items as diverse as a pair of shoes, a battery, tupperware and a piano. While the costs are resonable, some of the items I've sent this way were of a sentimental nature, and probably not worth the cost in retrospect. But that's my choice, not theirs.

So far, they have been excellent.

A friend of mine tried an identical service to this one in Trinidad. After several months, he had a funy feeling that something wsa going terribly wrong, as he had received no mail, and he knew that mail had indeed been sent.

He visited the company, and a front-line clerk began to share with him that "Dey have plenty mail around the back sah!" In other words, they had bags and bags of mail sitting around doing nothing but gathering dust.

He quit the service, it went out of business and he lost several months of mail in one fell swoop.

Excellent business seems to be the rarity in our Caribbean countries, so I'm going to "big-up" as many of them as I can, once I've had a personal experience I can share!

9 Comments:

At 1/29/2006 12:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never used mailpac, but I have used Global Couriers Jamaica. This service is convenient and the time taken to ship your parcels is good.

 
At 2/06/2006 11:54 AM, Blogger fwade said...

Cool. It's important that we share news about useful services such as tehse. It also puts some good pressure on other companies to meet a high standard.

 
At 1/26/2007 10:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am very disgruntled and I would like to know what or how cost is applied to packages sent to kgn from the US-NY.My sister just told me she paid over $7000 JA$ for a box with some personal items for my mother. I am totally outraged, and I demand an explanation!
This is not my first time shipping
but this is totally baffling as nothing in the box values that amt.

I am waiting for a reply because something as to be done immedialtely!!

 
At 9/07/2007 1:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mail Pac is by far the best thing I have come across and the next best thing to shopping in the US! With just a click of my mouse I can shop online and have my packages within a week or so. I chose the pick up option so whenever it is ready they send out an email telling u to pick up the package/s... I think if you are shipping relatively light items such as clothes etc.. the price is not bad at all..some small items may cost almost as much as something in a bigger box ..overall I am extremely satisfied with their service and I have never lost a package!! A+

 
At 9/11/2007 10:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

In all sense I must say that I have used Mailpac services and I must say it it very expensive. I had a parcel containing only 3 sets of comforters shipped to me one christmas and it cost over $13,000. Now isn't that quite an outrage!

 
At 11/28/2007 10:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The price you pay with Mailpac is dependent on the weight of the package. Just like any other shipper. So whether or not the items you are shipping value a little or alot, you will pay according to how heavy the package is. I use mailpac to send light packages, so far all have been under 3 pounds. The prices have been reasonable for these.

 
At 12/27/2008 7:08 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Nice Post
-------------
free article generator

 
At 7/12/2010 9:49 AM, Blogger Trinidad Shipping said...

Thanks for the effort you took to expand upon this post so thoroughly. I look forward to future posts.
There are various sea vessels involved in shipping to jamaica. It may include box boats or container ships, bulk carriers, tankers, ferries, cable layers, dredgers and barges.

 
At 4/09/2011 11:17 PM, Anonymous Very Satisfied Customer - The eBiz Centre Limited said...

Business just got Personal...

Customer service delivery is the aspect of a business that allows it to stand out among others, regardless. This plays hand-hand with being professional and efficient. One may ask how does business become personal, and how does one strike this balance? But I can say it does through my experience with The eBiz Centre Ltd. Since moving back I've been using them to get my mail, especially from my Banks, as well as my magazine subscriptions. I've also used them to shop at Walmart as if I was still there. I must say that they are extremely dependable. They too hardly ever advertise. Hence, I just had to recommend as another option for this type of service.

Must mention that this company is locally owned. So your at home shopping globally, but also supporting Jamaica.

The eBiz Centre Limited 5/5 stars!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home