Moving Back to Jamaica

A blog about my Move Back to Jamaica after 20+ years of living in the US. Most of the articles focus on the period from 2005-2009 when the transition was new, and at it's most challenging.

Friday, October 05, 2007

Deep into FaceBook

This FaceBook thing is getting out of hand.

Networking here in the caribbean is an intense business, as the group of people that you know is just not that big, but it is terribly influential.

The world of those who belong to Facebook is amazing -- an entire new dimension of interaction that cannot be explained, it can only be experienced.

It consumes all sorts of spare time, as I sink deeper and deeper into my friends' lives.

Who is doing what? Why? Since when? Do I know her well enough to risk trying to add her as a friend? Ddi he ignore my message out of spite? Should I add that application just because someone interesting recommended it? Why is THAT person in their network? I can't imagine them even saying hello!

On and on it goes. useful? Who knows. Compelling? Certainly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home