Moving Back to Jamaica

A blog about my Move Back to Jamaica after 20+ years of living in the US. Most of the articles focus on the period from 2005-2009 when the transition was new, and at it's most challenging.

Friday, January 11, 2008

Free to Love Up What Is

As I have mentioned in prior posts, I see now that moving home to Jamaica is an avenue for realizing some personal and "spiritual" gains.

If living in the U.S. had a safe, stable quality to it, the chaos, violence and high-volume of life in Jamaica is more than just a test, but it's also a transforming environment to immerse oneself in.

Today, I realized that living in Jamaica is teaching me to "Love Up" what ever happens.

Violence? Lost business? Hurricane? Argument? Crime?

They all occur in a stream of events, in which I am learning to simply love.

Of course, this is not easy, but I have noticed that it helps to decide to "Love Up" any scary outcome that I find myself protecting against.

After all, what choice is there? Life here is full of surprises, disruptions and shocks. Any decision to come home involves making up one's mind to enter into this environment, and to live in it with its ups and downs. It's better to expect that anything that can happen, and will.

One important aspect is to learn to accept whatever happens, or is happening, and to Love It Up. An effort to change, transform or alter it can (and must) only come later.

1 Comments:

At 1/14/2008 12:35 PM, Blogger owen said...

2000 and love for the new year? though some people find it hard to maintain a positive view.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home