Moving Back to Jamaica

A blog about my Move Back to Jamaica after 20+ years of living in the US. Most of the articles focus on the period from 2005-2009 when the transition was new, and at it's most challenging.

Friday, March 10, 2006

Scratching my A**

I never wanted to be the kind of blogger who put up a bunch of boring stuff like "Today I stayed home and scratched my ass."

However, at the moment I do feel the need to share something mundane, which is that since Trinidad Carnival I have gone bald.

It's not that I drank too much and my hair fell out... I cut off my hair. And I am looking quite different.



So far the reactions have been in favor, with one friend and one parent objecting.

At some point I'll update my picture, and maybe write something pithy about what it takes to keep the head bald and smooth. The extra looks from some ladies has not hurt either, so that may enter in there also.

My wife complains that I have become increasingly vain, which I connect to my trying to squeeze all I can out of my last few days in my 30's (31 days left until I turn 40.) After all, I did spend all of January and February in the gym trying to get the body in shape for Carnival (although that was also for "health purposes.")

In a few days I need to replace the glasses I lost while jumping in Tribe on C'val Tuesday. I'm looking for something that will go well with a bald head, if anyone has any suggestions.

Next step: I saw a really interesting tattoo the other day...

2 Comments:

At 3/10/2006 11:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always suspected that people that shave their head do so to hide a receding hairline or partial baldness...is this a reasonable assumption?

 
At 3/10/2006 11:31 AM, Blogger fwade said...

Not in my case. I think it is true in general for many guys, however.

I had too much grey for my liking, but my wife said she liked it so it wasn't that.

As a kid I used to like re-arranging my room from time to time just toe shake things up, and I'd put this change in hairstyle in that category.

Maybe next I'll try dreadlocks (just kidding Mom!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home