Moving Back to Jamaica

A blog about my Move Back to Jamaica after 20+ years of living in the US. Most of the articles focus on the period from 2005-2009 when the transition was new, and at it's most challenging.

Sunday, July 08, 2007

Still Alive But Not Yet Kicking

No, I have not abandoned my blog.

The time away has been great, and comes as I am doing a major "re-think" with respect to where I am taking things on this online diary.

Some new ideas have been shared with me about what I could use my blog for, and what I could link it to that have me very excited.

One has to do with a new service my company is offering -- transition services to expats executives, managers and their families. I never made a connection between my blogging here and that service, as they came from different places and were inspired at separate times by unrelated events.

Then an expat friend of mine shared how much she enjoyed what I had to say.

And recently I have begun to receive and answer all sorts of questions (in increasing numbers) from Jamaicans who are either moving back, or thinking of moving back. A typical example of question (that I am yet to answer) is "how much money should I set aside to move back home?"

That is no trivial question.

My wife, having made the transition to live in Jamaica from Washington DC is the one who is the real expert, however, as she still has "expat eyes" and can see all sorts of things I don't see - including the need that expats and Jamaicans have for material assistance.

So... question is.... is there a connection between this blog and that transition service?

It seems so.

P.S.
For the overly curious, the "9 day course" I took was delivered by Byron Katie -- "The School for the Work." More on this later.

2 Comments:

At 7/08/2007 10:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so how much???

 
At 7/09/2007 7:29 AM, Blogger Xaymaca said...

A transition blog would be great. I'd also like to read occasional posts from your sister about adapting to life in a new country.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home