Moving Back to Jamaica

A blog about my Move Back to Jamaica after 20+ years of living in the US. Most of the articles focus on the period from 2005-2009 when the transition was new, and at it's most challenging.

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Obama Chills

This video on Obama's speech in New Hampshire gave me the chills.

I suppose the "real thing" comes along once in a person's life. Boys and girls, hold on to your seats because cynicism and resignation are stepping aside for this once in a lifetime event.

A mighty wind of change is blowing.

Is this what 1960 felt like?

http://www.dipdive.com/

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 2/04/2008 6:38 PM, Blogger Geoffrey Philp said...

Great video and speech, isn't it?

Some time ago, I was asked by Global Voices what I would say to the government leaders at a CARICOM meeting and I said that I would only want them to inspire us and get out of the way. This is what a great leader does....He or she inspires...sets loose the imagination of those whom s/he would lead.

Obama has already done this, and with the spate of videos that I've seen if his presidency is anything like what his campaign has promised, then we could see some wonderful things in the years to come

 
At 2/06/2008 4:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Superb and inspiring speech!!

 
At 2/06/2008 12:59 PM, Blogger No Nonsense said...

Even ornery republican pundits are paying attention. He will probably be one of the greatest leaders in history

 

Post a Comment

<< Home