Moving Back to Jamaica

A blog about my Move Back to Jamaica after 20+ years of living in the US. Most of the articles focus on the period from 2005-2009 when the transition was new, and at it's most challenging.

Monday, November 26, 2007

Rain Part 2

We have had a very long rainy season this year, and we are still getting heavy rain at least 5 days each week.

The dampness in the air has been causing black clothes to get a green mould, which I imagine that anyone living outside Florida might not quite appreciate.

There apparently is not a reliable way to stop it, other than to keep the house under full air-conditioning. 

The dry-cleaners must be loving this...

On the positive side. the temperature have been in the low 70's in  the morning, and it feels as if Christmas breeze has come early this year.  My wife hsa been telling me she's cold, but it seems like something has happened to her blood as I was the one dying during visits to DC in the winter when she thought it was just perfect.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 11/28/2007 5:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If nothing else I envy you the warmth. It's been damp here in the UK as well, though the rains have not been anywhere as heavy as a typical Jamaican downpour.

I don't know when or if I'll move back to Jamaica, but in the meantime I'm creating my own sunshine here through Island Joy. That for now will have to do.

Have fun as you continue to settle in.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home