Moving Back to Jamaica

A blog about my Move Back to Jamaica after 20+ years of living in the US. Most of the articles focus on the period from 2005-2009 when the transition was new, and at it's most challenging.

Sunday, March 11, 2007

A Glass Coffin on Heroes Circle


As I was cycling around Heroes Circle warming up for a bike race, I couldn't help but notice a glass coffin, inside a glass hearse, with a dead woman in it being pulled behind a car on a trailer.

The body, which was dressed in a white dress, was plainly visible to the public. I watched as it took a big bounce upwards when the trailer hit a deep pothole just before the corner at Wolmer's Girls, before venturing further up Marescaux Road.

All I could do was keep on riding.

Sometimes, just as the Move Back to Jamaica seems to be making sense, something nonsensical happens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home