Moving Back to Jamaica

A blog about my Move Back to Jamaica after 20+ years of living in the US. Most of the articles focus on the period from 2005-2009 when the transition was new, and at it's most challenging.

Monday, March 12, 2007

A Sweet Opening Ceremony

Boy, dat show last night to open up the Cricket World Cup was sweet!

Among the many great things about it that struck me, was the fact that it was the first time I was seeing our region pull together in a single event (other than on the cricket field.) Seeing the flags paraded on the field side by side was something else, hearing the music from different artistes (where was Sparrow?) was inspiring, and seeing the ways in which we have influenced each other, and benefited from having each other... touching.

I am still a bit wary of not being able to wear my Puma shirt to the opening match tomorrow, and unsure of whether or not it applies to my Asics track shoes... will I be violating some new law, I wonder?

But, that aside, I felt good last night about the world cup coming and it seemed like a flawless presentation to the world, unabashed and unashamed of what we are all about and what makes us different, and what makes our people great.

Now, on to get those tickets for tomorrow -- there is nothing like a last minute ting, eh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home