Moving Back to Jamaica

A blog about my Move Back to Jamaica after 20+ years of living in the US. Most of the articles focus on the period from 2005-2009 when the transition was new, and at it's most challenging.

Thursday, November 08, 2007

Jurassic Park in Jamaica

I know plenty, plenty "big man and big woman" who will never move back to Jamaica because of the lizard situation.

In other words, dem 'fraid.

Upon moving to a new place in January, we found that a monster-sized lizard (by my standards) had been living outside the window of the office. As you can see from the picture of him posed beside a 12 inch ruler, he is thick and long and fat.

He's just big enough to keep a few thousand Jamaicans from ever moving home permanently.

(If you want a really good scare, click on the picture to see the speckles, red eyes and steady stare.)

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 11/09/2007 7:09 PM, Blogger Christina said...

The first time I saw a lizard in a Jamaican bathroom I was too afraid to pee. But I wasn't too afraid to take a picture (http://flickr.com/photos/crimsonninjagirl/739093818/in/set-72157600683957397/).

And later on I decided that Mr. Lizard and I could co-exist peacefully. The 6 inch long flying cockroaches, on the other hand...

 
At 11/10/2007 8:25 AM, Blogger No Nonsense said...

Francis;

You DID NOT align the ruler with the lizard. A friad yu did fraid

 
At 11/10/2007 8:43 AM, Blogger fwade said...

No, I strategically placed the ruler almost a month before, waiting for him to show up.

News: according to my landlord, his name is "Fred."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home