Moving Back to Jamaica

A blog about my Move Back to Jamaica after 20+ years of living in the US. Most of the articles focus on the period from 2005-2009 when the transition was new, and at it's most challenging.

Monday, February 18, 2008

The Exploding Inbox


An article that I wrote was published in the Sunday Gleaner yesterday, on the above topic.

It has to do with an assertion I am making in my work on time management that an overflowing email Inbox is a sign of un-productivity for knowledge workers.

I also recently completed a draft publication for a manifesto on ChangeThis.com.

At the end of the manifesto I included the following biography:

Francis Wade is the President of Framework Consulting, a firm of management consultants committed to solving the most difficult people issues in companies. He holds a Bachelors and Masters in Operations Research from Cornell University, and resides in Kingston, Jamaica where he is enthralled and inspired by the difference between his new day to day life, and the twenty years he spent working between New Jersey and Florida. His blog can be accessed at http://2time-sys.com and his email is francis@fwconsulting.com.

After writing it, I was a bit intrigued at what I said about being "enthralled and inspired."

Well, the truth is that I have had just an explosion of creative energy since coming back home, and my Moving Back to Jamaica blog is just one expression of it. I can hardly believe that I rarely wrote anything for publication (maybe a page or two per quarter) before coming back home.

I attended a Scotia Round-table forum last week and I had a similar thought - there are lots of opportunities for Jamaicans who are able to build bridges between the high points of our culture here in Jamaica, and the rest of the world. We have so very many things that the world wants to know about about, and to experience and those of us who can see Jamaica as its seen from the outside AND the inside can help in this regard.

Arguably, that is exactly what Butch Stewart did with Sandals.



Labels:

1 Comments:

At 2/18/2008 1:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent point!!RESPECT!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home