Moving Back to Jamaica

A blog about my Move Back to Jamaica after 20+ years of living in the US. Most of the articles focus on the period from 2005-2009 when the transition was new, and at it's most challenging.

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

3 newspapers with 80 pages each

Trinidad has 3 daily newspapers, each of which have 80 or so tabloid size pages.

They also have some 11 TV stations and countless radio stations.

By contrast, here in Jamaica we have 2 newspapers of about half the size each, and 5-7 television stations (most of which only play music.)

Their progress has vaulted them past Jamaica in these very visible terms (in addition to the traffice and construction.)

With regards to the newspapers, it's not that there is more news in Trinidad to report... the many extra pages are made up of advertisements of all kinds.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 11/21/2007 8:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dwade thanks for these postings I enjoy the a lot.
When I was growing up in Trinidad, there were one main radio station. It was called "radio Trinidad". It kept the country united - it was informative, the announcers were professional. Now when I go home, I am overwhelmed by choices, most of them poor to fair. I don't know if this is a natuaral growing stage of an infant country, so I'll keep watching and hopefully we will improve.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home