Moving Back to Jamaica

A blog about my Move Back to Jamaica after 20+ years of living in the US. Most of the articles focus on the period from 2005-2009 when the transition was new, and at it's most challenging.

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Alert to all snack lovers

On my recent trip to Trinidad I found a gem:  DD's Garlic, Pepper Cashews.

This mouth-watering snack comes in a plastic bottle the size of a wine-botte.  It cannot be found in stores.

Apparently, DD makes just enough to satisfy the cravings of a select few.

A friend of mine, who buys them by the case, graciously parted with 2 bottles that I brought back home and tried to nurse.

One went to my father, and I kept one to try to save it, savour it and store it for as long as I could.  It lasted a few short days, while I verified that it is a top notch product, and that it was a mistake to bring back only one bottle formyself.

It is ridicously addictive, and VERY hard to stop eating.  Something about the way the smell of roasted garlic combines with the slight peppery taste hits the palate in just the right way.

As I said, don't look for it in Trinidadian stores or on the internet.  DD is keeping things under wraps. 

Instead, ask around until you find someone in the know and beg them to "set you up, nah?"  Maybe they'll consider you worthy of a bottle, and if they do... I told you...!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 11/21/2007 8:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yummm! And to think I am not going to T&T this winter!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home