Moving Back to Jamaica

A blog about my Move Back to Jamaica after 20+ years of living in the US. Most of the articles focus on the period from 2005-2009 when the transition was new, and at it's most challenging.

Friday, April 04, 2008

Rabbits Afoot

Awhile back my wife and I were driving through Russell Heights when a rabbit ran in front of our car.

A grey, wild rabbit.

Here in Kingston.

Apparently he didn't get the memo -- we don't HAVE wild rabbits in Jamaica.  We hope.

Wild rabbits are apparently causing havoc in Australia, where they have no natural predators.

I suspect that they would have none here either.

Strangely enough, my wife was shopping in a major grocery store and saw... you guessed it... rabbit meat for sale.  Not local rabbit meat, but imported.

We hope!


1 Comments:

At 4/06/2008 5:43 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wild rabbits here!

I'm sure we can raise Rabbits here, but as usual we always turn to importing! Maybe I should check out this prospective market!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home